Welcome to the Intensive English Language Institute (IELI) at Utah State University. Since 1972, IELI has created a supportive and engaging environment that promotes the development of linguistic and academic skills and intercultural competence necessary for international students, scholars and professionals to be successful in their academic pursuits at USU and become independent citizens and leaders in a constantly changing world.
We are passionate about:
- Student-teacher relationships for mutual development in and beyond the classroom
- Respectful and inclusive environment offering opportunity for diverse perspectives
- Promoting student autonomy and leadership through collaborative projects and activities
- Engaged learning for success in local and global communities
- Continued professional and personal growth
IELI is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) [2017-2027] and is a member of the English USA, UCIEP, a Consortium of University and College Intensive English Programs and NAFSA: Association of International Educators. IELI faculty are members of TESOL international association.