Applying to USU
To study in the Utah State University (USU) Intensive English Language Institute (IELI), you will need to complete an on-line application at https://applynow.usu.edu . There are three options for second language learners studying IELI at USU:
IELI Pathway ProgramYou would need to:
- Apply for an undergraduate program and
- Be admitted to the IELI Pathway Program, which leads to taking classes toward your undergraduate degree program, during or after the IELI Pathway Program.
- Depending on your level of English proficiency, you may be able to take some IELI classes and some courses in your undergraduate program at the same time.
IELI Pathway Application
Leading to a Bachelor's Degree
Intensive English Language training only:If you would like to improve your English:
- Apply for the IELI program without applying for a degree program.
- If you later decide that you would like to stay and pursue a degree at USU, you will need to submit an application and pay the application fee for the undergraduate or graduate degree program.
Graduate degree program:If you would like to pursue a graduate degree visit:
Utah State University
Applying for Visa:After you submit an online application, pay the application fee, and provide all required documents, your application will be reviewed by your admission officer. After you are admitted, information will be sent to you about how to receive and I-20. (Certificate of Eligibility for non-immigrant status) https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students-and-the-form-i-20 that you will need to apply for a student visa.
International students are responsible for all their expenses. No financial assistance is available for "English-only students." Undergraduates should check with the Office of International Students and Scholars regarding small scholarships. Graduate students should check with the Graduate Studies office.
If you hae questions about applying to USU email email@example.com or call 435-797-1124.
If you have questions about the IELI program email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 435-797-2081.